Sunday, January 18, 2015

Dance Party with Books!

Via www.paulinaulrich.com 

Woot woot! It's no secret I'm a Seahawks fan (not a crazy one, I swear), and it's epic that the Hawks are going back for another Superbowl! Crazy! Everyone was out celebrating and it was totally insane but in the most team spirited way it could be. Go Hawks! Hence why the title of this post is titled Dance Party!

In other news, I've got three books I'm recommending if you're down about reading lately. I certainly can't imagine that anyone's TBR (to be read) is getting low but by chance it is, I highly recommend these three unique reads!

1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (she also wrote the story about Seabiscuit). The movie came out on Christmas day and I read this entire one in ONE sitting. This is a 400 page non-fiction story about Louie Zamperini who survived incredible things. It was masterfully written and I couldn't put it down, hence why I was reading it in one sitting. Yes, I also went and saw the movie and surprisingly, the movie was pretty good!

2. Magic for Beginners by Kelly Link. If you're in short story fictional pieces, she's got some wit and unique magical realism stories. So far, The Faery Handbag is my favorite. Totally had me hooked into the story about a village that lives inside a handbag. It sounds weird but it's totally brilliant.

3. ISLANDS by Sara Stamey. If you haven't read this mystery/suspense/romance, then get to it! It was Foreward Book of the Year and let me tell you, the story that is told is incredible. Especially the details. I felt like I was on the adventure! It's about an anthropologist who travels to the Caribbean to uncover the mysterious death of her brother and encounters romance, danger, and many secrets. That's all I'm going to say. It's just too good to give anything away.

What are you waiting for? Get to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment