Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Release: The Knight's Ill-Thought Bargain

Guess what is FINALLY here!!! The SEQUEL to the Alaina Downs series!!! I don't know if you are excited as I am because I've been waiting for this book since I read the first one, The Secret World of Alaina Downs and now the time has finally come! I am so honored to be doing a book release today for my good friend Rebecca. If you haven't read her books, you should definitely check them out!! Now on to the awesomeness!

The Knight's Ill-Thought Bargain Book Two of the Alaina Downs series
By Rebecca Rynecki
 
 
Synopsis: Two years have passed since Alaina and Gabriel left, and forty years have passed in Isleen. The King is dead. The Queen's powers have weakened. And Gabriel faces the consequences of his bargain. Among dragons, evil witches and a sorceress intent on taking over the world, Alaina has to save Isleen...again. *Due to language and sexual situations, this book is meant for ages 17 +*

Book excerpt: Gabriel grabbed his sword, and slipped it in its sheath. "They must be waiting for us."
"For me," Alaina corrected him, her voice wobbling. "They're waiting for me."
He shook his head. "No. For both of us. We're going out there together."
Alaina whimpered as her body quaked. "I want to hide."
Gabriel grabbed her arms, steadying her. "I know. I know how you feel. This is the time when..." He exhaled, and looked around. "It's not a dream. I know that's what you want it to be now. I know you want it to be some horrible dream that you need to wake up from."
She nodded furiously as tears streamed down her face. "Yes," she whispered.
"We're going out there together, yeah? And I will kill Usha. If you can't do this, I will do it for you." He stared into her eyes. "I made this bargain, I-"
"No." Alaina shut her eyes. "No. I said I would do this."
"I suppose in a way...you made a bargain too," Gabriel pointed out.
"Oh."
"This is a big deal," he said softly. "I know you want to. I know you thought you could. I know the fear, baby. I know-"
Alaina shook. "I can do this," she sobbed. "I can do this."
"Okay." He pressed the bow in her hand. "I'm going to put the quiver around your shoulder, yeah?"
"Mmmmhmm." Alaina sniffled, wiping away the tears. She shut her eyes, her fingers tightening around the edge of the bow as she felt the weight of the arrows on her back. "I can do this."
Gabriel gripped her free hand. "I'm here. I'm always here," he gritted.
She nodded, biting her lower lip as she turned to him. "I know."

Amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/The-Knights-Ill-Thought-Bargain-Alaina/dp/1481823566/
B&N-
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-knights-ill-thought-bargain-rebecca-rynecki/1114171950?ean=9781481823562

 
 
Putting her ancient history degree to use, yeah right, Rebecca works as a librarian where she primarily gives patrons the evil eye. She's the author of the New Adult Fantasy/Romance Alaina Downs series which at present include, The Secret World of Alaina Downs and The Knight's Ill-Thought Bargain. When she's not writing or blogging, you can find her running, baking, and generally doing rural things like chase the wild turkeys out of her yard with her son and husband.
Author Links to all of Becca's stuff:Rebecca's Blog
Twitter: @BeccaRBooksFacebook

Alright, I don't know about you but I am off to read my copy because I have to know what happens! Seriously, such a wonderful author if you are into fantasy, romance, and adventure! Excuse me now while I go curl up with this wonderful book. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment