Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ugly Sweaters That are Cute. Sometimes.

It's the final countdown!

Literally.

This weekend I am sending Chosen to Hollie for edits. This week has been required me to be a hermit and not leave my house until Chosen is 100% finished. Then she will take her mighty pen and slish and slash and mash and crash all the needless words. As the Elements of Style (a grammar book) recommends: omit needless words. I think that is rule #17...I need to find my copy of that book and double check. Hollie is the best editor so I feel like many words shall be heading to their grave. I can already hear their terrified screaming. I am such a word geek.

So besides me cramming in last minute details and weaving together scenes for Chosen, Flightless Bird is going to be FREE this Friday. Did you read that right? Yes, you did. FREE. FREE. FREE. For Friday only, Flightless Bird will be free! Yay! I'd have to say that's pretty awesome because it can't get much better than being free.

Oh yeah and it's getting a new cover this week too. A NEW COVER!! I haven't seen the final one yet but I am sooooooooooooooo excited to see it finished. I will post that baby right here for everyone to see as soon as I get it and of course, as soon as I stop squealing over it myself.

Then it will be September. Whoa, I'm sorry but I'm not emotionally ready to let go of summer yet. But then again, I am ready for football season to officially begin and with that comes Halloween which also awesome and on Halloween Chosen comes out. Okay, yeah, I think summer and I can breakup and I will welcome fall with open arms. Plus, ugly sweater season is coming. I definitely have one of those sweaters. Though I like to think is chic ugly. So it was stylish at one point. Maybe one of these days I will have to post a picture of it. The more I think about it, the more I realize how cute it is.

Okay, we are done with the sweater talk.

Basically this post was to let you know:
  • Chosen will be finished this weekend.
  • Flightless Bird will be FREE on Friday.
  • Flightless Bird is getting a new cover this week.
  • Also, ugly sweaters are cool. Sometimes.
Happy Tuesday.

Oh shit. I just realized it's Tuesday and you know what Tuesdays mean? TEASER TUESDAYS!

I know you want to read something but I have to say...

Sorry folks. Not today! BUT! Teaser Tuesdays for Chosen will be coming in October. Every Tuesday until Chosen is released. My gift to you for being so patient through this whole process!

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment